As of March 27, 2020 - Recent operational changes are indicated in RED
Under Governor Sununu's Emergency Order No. 17, effective at midnight March 28th, all non-essential businesses have been ordered to close. However, the Order does not apply to State Government, local and county governments, local and county legislative bodies, The General Court, or the Judicial Branch. Therefore, we are still working to serve the residents of Lee. Our Town employees continue to work both remotely and on-site—and are committed to ensuring the safety of our employees and residents by remaining closed to the public. We continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation, which is still rapidly evolving.
The email for businesses regarding questions on Emergency Order #17: email@example.com
To view all of the Governor’s Emergency Orders visit https://www.governor.nh.gov/
For now, many if not, all Board, Committee and Commission meetings have been cancelled or postponed for the forseeable future. We are working on plans to be able to conduct meetings remotely either via video or telephonically and residents will still be able to listen and participate. As soon as any such meetings are scheduled you will be notified through all of the usual channels and on the town website. Please be patient as we all strive to adapt to our new ways of doing business.
We intend to do our best to operate as a “VIRTUAL TOWN HALL.” Many of the transactions for our residents can be done online or arranged via phone, email, or drop box. Resident questions can and will be answered via phone or email.
Information on online services are available at http://leenh.org.
CLICK HERE for link to NH Department of Health and Human Services FAQ page on the 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you have non-emergency COVID-19 related questions, please call 2-1-1 (a state hotline manned 24/7 specifically for such questions).
Social media is a great way to stay connected with people, exchange stories on how you are coping, provide information on local services, and to be an emotional support for each other. However, please refer to www.coronavirus.gov for the recommended guidelines and please do not rely on social media for medical advice. Stay healthy everyone!
POLICE – ALL EMERGENCIES CALL 911
- All other inquiries and requests call 659-5866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Officers will address needs via telephone where possible.
- No VIN verifications, fingerprinting, motor vehicle lock-outs, or other walk-in services available
FIRE / EMS - ALL EMERGENCIES CALL 911
- All other inquiries, including burn permits, call 659-5411 or email email@example.com.
- Burn permits are available online at https://nhdflweb.sovsportsnet.net/
- Select Board/Town/Assessing Offices closed to the public but available by phone during regular hours at 659-5414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Property Assessing cards are available online or call 659-5414 if you require more information regarding your property.
- Tax Exemption Application form is available online – please call if you have any questions.
- Open regular posted hours, Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday. Please try to avoid peak traffic day on Saturday. Bulky items will be accepted again beginning Tuesday March 31, 2020. Checks only will be accepted for payment. There will be a drop box available. Employees will not be able to assist you in removing items from your vehicle but will be able to guide you, weigh items, and answer questions.
- In order for our employees and residents to maintain the recommended “social distance” of six feet, employees will not be stationed on the wall during this time.
TOWN CLERK/TAX COLLECTOR
- Vehicle registration renewals, dog licenses, vital records requests are available online. Other inquiries, including marriage licenses, by phone during regular posted hours, 659-2964; or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- DROP BOX: At the public entrance to Town Hall (back door), there is a secure mailbox where you may drop off checks (PLEASE NO CASH) or other paperwork. Should your paperwork not fit, please contact the number above to make alternative arrangements.
- Registration and title transfers of a newly purchased vehicle: The Governor has authorized the extention of all temporary plates issued after March 1, 2020 until April 30, 2020.
BUILDING INSPECTION/ LAND USE/ PLANNING/ ZONING
- DROP BOX: is available outside the office, along with Building Permit applications, which are also available online.
- Inspections of ongoing work done on case-by-case basis, call 659-6783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please call regarding any new land use applications or Intents to Cut. Land Use Board meetings TBD.
- The Highway Department will continue to maintain normal operations at the current time.
- The Lee Library Board of Trustees has decided to close the library to the public from 5pm Monday, March 16, 2020 until May 4, 2020. We are no longer doing book pick ups or returns, as of March 27, 2020. This includes the regular drop-off box. If you have any library material please hold onto it unless the Library is able to re-open.
- Please call 659-2626 or email email@example.com.
UPDATES AND CHANGES WILL BE POSTED ON WWW.LEENH.ORG