Motor Vehicle Information


Renewals – You may present your registration, renewal notice or your driver’s license to renew your motor vehicle registration. If no changes to the registration are required, you may renew online here.

Transfers – To get credit for time remaining on your old registration you must have your original current registration or a certified copy which can be obtained for a fee of $15 at the DMV or $17.50 at the Town Clerk’s office.

New – 2000 model years and up must be titled. If purchased from a NH dealer, you must present the Application for Certificate of Title. If purchased out of state or a private sale, you must present the certificate of origin or the title signed over to you. The new owner will need to sign the application for the new Title.

Years prior to 2000 – you will need one of the following:

  • A copy of a New Hampshire registration from a former owner
  • A Title
  • Verification of VIN form (TDMV19A), available at Town Clerk’s office or State of NH website. The TDMV19A must be filled out by a NH Law Enforcement Officer, NH Inspection Station, or a NH Dealer.

If you are moving to New Hampshire from another State, you will need the following:

  • Current driver’s license
  • Proof of Residency
  • Title for your vehicle (If you have an out of state lien holder, you will need to present your current registration and the name and address of your lien holder.)